Guidelines for Golf At Irish Hills
Tee times will be required in advance for everyone. No walk-ins permitted. Please note for the start, we will have limited carts available. We will not guarantee carts. There will only be allowed one person per cart.
We will be re-opening in a manner that is sustainable for our staff. We will be making changes as we go as well.
Here are some of the measures we are currently putting in place:
- We want you to ensure physical distancing is observed by employees and golfers, with a minimum of 2 metres maintained between individuals.
- Pre-Screening questionnaire will be asked of golfers prior to entry onto the course for signs of illness and we will restrict entry if illness is detected.
- Clear visuals will be placed to show where golfers may park, pay, and proceed safely to first tee etc. while maintaining physical distancing (more than 2 metres) between individuals at all times.Bring your own glasses, if you need to read signage.
- We will manage traffic flow and physical distancing with barriers and floor markings.
- We are staggering tee times to avoid congestion.
- We are going to encourage golfers to practice physical distancing during play.
- We will have assigned staff to ensure customers are following physical distancing protocols, especially in areas likely to be congested.
- We are installing barriers between yourself and our employees
- We are limiting the number of people in a workspace and will be taking our time between clients to ensure our own health and safety practices can be completed.
- We will be controlling how many customers enter the pro shop etc. at one time. The Pro shop will be in the lounge.
- To eliminate transmission via surfaces such as flag poles and cups, leave the flag in place and we have put pool noodles in the cup at each hole so that the ball does not drop into the hole. Play is concluded when the ball makes contact with the cup. We are also asking that you play with gimme- rule(that will be up to your foursome) if that will make you feel safer.
- We have removed ball washers. Bring your own rag to clean your golf balls and take all rags back home with you.
- We will be providing a few designated garbage cans around for you to have a safe place for customers to dispose of used sanitizing wipes and personal protective equipment (PPE).
- We will have hand sanitizer for customers to use upon entry.
- We will be using a sanitizing spray on the carts and hand held baskets.
- We are providing a portable toilet with hand sanitizer in it as well.
- We are increasing the cleaning frequency of our workspaces and to commonly touched surfaces.
- We will have some take-out food and beverages available. Limited amounts.
- Please no gathering in the parking lot for tail gate beverages. You will be asked to leave.
- Please be understanding that things will take longer as we try to incorporate all the COVID19 rules.
- Washrooms will be available in the lounge.
- Please do not just show up. Please have a tee time or a scheduled meeting.
- We do have tap for Visa and Mastercard. We will be wiping down the machine between uses.
- We are really going to trying to keep foursomes going out as I am only opening 18 holes to start.
- Please keep informed with the following websites for your own health.
- COVID LAYOUT
- Reminder – only come 20 minutes before your tee time.
27 Holes are open for golf now! Limited carts available. Driving Range will be opening soon.
Thank you for supporting Irish Hills! Please be safe. Stay home if you are sick.
BOOK YOUR TEE TIMES AT 613-839-4653 x.1
INDOOR GOLF WILL REMAIN CLOSED FOR NOW.